Friday, September 12, 2008

thrill of the hunt


life in missoula has begun. breakfast of mate and life. i spend my mornings sending my resume to every guiding company that i can lay my hands on while listening to daft punk at a blistering volume. then lunch with jo. next a few hours pounding the pavement attempting to convince local employers i'm a legetimate human being and since i am a legitimate human being, they should pay me. i feel like i should be able to 'challenge' a current employee to a showdown and after i run circles around them, i earn their position. apparently it doesnt work that way in missoula. evenings of brown rice and potatoes, more mate, john steinbeck, bon iver and an episode of House...my new favorite show.

i'm moving into a house on the rattlesnake river, about a 10 min bike ride north of downtown missoula. its quiet, in the foothills, near the river and my roomates are rad. i hope. the owner of the house is el capitan of the missoula triathalon club and works for Adventure Cycles as a tour and logistics coordinator. perhaps my dream job. it seems he spends more time riding than working. turns out that everyone in the house and most the neighborhood runs ultras, bikes and hates tv. mostly. i move in sunday. stay tuned for individual profiles on roomates. there is bound to be at least one jamoke in the house. maybe its me.

3 comments:

Tim said...

yeah, it's you

BK said...

My parents did adventure cycling in Montana. Whats the dudes name? Oh, and congrats on living the life.

nicole gelb said...

ethan, it wouldn't be fair if you could challenge the workers because you would obviously win. every freaking time. even if they were better at the job than you, you would heckle them so badly that they would probably cry. actually, you should just try that sometime. then maybe they'll quit, and you'll be there to take up right where they left off. let me know how it goes.